MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) — A trial has been delayed for a man accused of stabbing to death his grandparents in the Mason City home they shared.
The new trial starting date for Codie Matz is Feb. 20. His trial had been scheduled to begin Jan. 23 in Cerro Gordo County District Court. Matz has pleaded not guilty to two counts of first-degree murder. Prosecutors say he killed 61-year-old Kenneth Hackbart and 64-year-old Kathleen Hackbart. Officers found their bodies Nov. 7.
- Trial delayed for Mason City man accused of killing grandparents
- Mason City man accused of murdering grandparents found competent to stand trial
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of stabbing to death grandparents
- Court documents: Mason City man accused of killing grandparents to change plea to guilty
- Mason City murder trial delayed again
- UPDATE: Man accused of killing grandparents asking for psychiatric evaluation
- Charles City man's murder trial delayed again
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of assault
- Trial for accused attempted murderer delayed
- Man charged with burglarizing his grandparents' home