SEVERE WX : Excessive Heat Warning - Heat Advisory View Alerts

Trailer home fire causes $25,000 in damage

The fire was caused by a space heater being used to thaw frozen pipes.

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 3:53 AM
Updated: Dec 27, 2017 6:20 AM

ROCHESTER, Minn. - A fire late Tuesday night caused $25,000 in damage to a trailer home.

The Rochester Fire Department says it happened at 2315 Park LN SE at lot #64 of Parkside Mobile Home Park.

When crews arrived at the scene, flames and smoke could be seen coming from under the trailer.

Crews extinguished the flames, which they determine to have been caused by a portable heater being used to thaw frozen pipes underneath the home.

No one was injured, however the trailer sustained significant fire and smoke damage.

Rochester Police, Gold Cross, Rochester Public Utilities and Minnesota Energy assisted at the scene.

Article Comments

Mason City
Broken Clouds
89° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 103°
Albert Lea
Scattered Clouds
86° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 73°
Feels Like: 92°
Austin
Scattered Clouds
86° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 75°
Feels Like: 92°
Charles City
Few Clouds
81° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 75°
Feels Like: 86°
Rochester
Overcast
75° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 75°
Tracking Exiting AM Rain & Dangerous Heat
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

House explosion in Mason City

Image

Tracking Exiting Rain & Intense Heat

Image

Albert Lea Search for New City Manager Continues

${article.thumbnail.title}

StormTeam 3: Dangerous heat indices Thursday and Friday

Image

Austin Bruins hold training camp

Image

RPU earmarks money for improved billing

Image

SAW: Lukas Wogen

Image

Salvation Army closing North location in Rochester

Image

Chris' PM Forecast 7/17

Image

B-29 Bomber comes to Mason City

Community Events