ROCHESTER, Minn. – Work is scheduled to start Monday on the traffic signals at the intersection of Broadway Avenue and Center Street.
The Rochester Public Works Department says a southbound lane will be closed on Broadway, in addition to the existing closures already in place, and Center Street will be shut down to the west of the intersection. There will be no access to the Center Street Parking Ramp from Broadway Avenue.
Crews will be replacing the signal cabinet, relocating the signal pole in the southeast corner, and installing audible pedestrian push buttons. The intersection will be an all-way stop while work is ongoing and sidewalk detours will be posted for pedestrians. No impact is expected on city bus routes.
Drivers are advised to find an alternate route and be cautious in and around all construction zones.
- Traffic signal work to begin Monday at Rochester intersection
- Downtown traffic signal project starts Monday in Mason City
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- Downtown Rochester intersection to close
- Resident survey to begin Monday in Rochester
- Rochester murder trial set to begin Monday
- Construction closing Rochester intersection on Tuesday
- Lots of traffic changes start Monday in Rochester
- Accident slows traffic in Rochester
- Work begins on major development in downtown Rochester