KIMT NEWS 3 - Traffic was down to one lane on southbound I-35 after a crash this Wednesday afternoon. It happened south of the Highway 9 exit near the Cerro Gordo and Worth county border just after 2:00 PM.
According to authorities on scene, the driver of a Jeep was passing another vehicle when that vehicle merged as well forcing the driver of the jeep in to the median. Troopers on scene say the guard rail did its job keeping the driver from hitting the river below, but it did sustain damages. The driver of the car was transported to Mercy medical Center North Iowa for minor injuries.
The Iowa DOT is assessing the damage done to the guard rail. Stay with KIMT for the latest.
- Traffic impacted after crash on I-35
- Semi breakdown halts traffic at I-35 exit
- Multiple crashes on I-35 in Worth County
- I-35 crash in Minnesota injures three Iowans
- Semi accident slowing traffic on I-35 north of Albert Lea
- UPDATE: 5 people transported, traffic backed up after I-35 crash north of Clear Lake
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35
- UPDATE: I-35 reopened after semi crash in Worth County
- Rollover crash near Minnesota-Iowa border on I-35
- Semi crashes under overpass on I-35 in Franklin County