ROCHESTER, Minn. – Authorities say a car driving through some construction fencing caused an accident Tuesday.
Rochester police say the car was going east on 2nd Street SW around 1:47 pm, went up on the right of way and through the fencing, then hit another car at a light facing north on 14th Avenue SW. Both vehicles were damaged.
The driver of the stopped vehicle was taken to the hospital with what are described as minor chest injuries.
There was a rear end collision at the same location around 11:27 am. A vehicle was stopped at a red light and was struck from behind, pushing it foward into another vehicle. A woman suffered back injuries and was taken to St. Marys by her husband.
The Rochester Police Department says its dealt with 30 accidents in the past couple of days.
- Two traffic accidents near St. Marys Hospital
- Entrepreneurship Showcase at St. Mary's
- UPDATE: Water now safe to drink at St. Mary's Hospital
- Not guilty plea in stabbing at St. Marys Hospital
- Accident slows traffic in Rochester
- 3-car accident slows traffic in Rochester
- Multiple accidents slowing traffic in southern Minnesota
- One-vehicle accident sends two to hospital
- Mower County accident sends three to hospital
- IA woman at St. Mary's waits for Heart Transplant