MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Strong winds, heavy rain, hail and at least one tornado damaged a turkey barn and outbuildings, brought down tree branches and flooded streets in southwestern Minnesota.
There were no reports of injuries when the severe weather swept through Redwood, Brown and Watonwan counties Thursday evening. Watonwan County sheriff's officials say a large turkey barn near St. James sustained substantial damage. A deluge of rain flooded streets in Redwood Falls and Morgan. Baseball-sized hail fell in parts of the region.
The National Weather Service predicts more storms, some possibly severe, may arrive Friday afternoon in southern Minnesota.
- Tornado, storms cause damage in southwestern Minnesota
- Tornadoes reported in eastern and southwestern Iowa
- Southern Minnesota storm damage could cost $3M
- Strong storms leave trail of damage in southern Minnesota
- Weak tornado confirmed in southern Minnesota
- UPDATE: Tornadoes confirmed across southern Minnesota
- Significant damage as tornadoes touch down in north Iowa, southern Minnesota (with videos, photos)
- Storm Team 3: Nine year anniversary of the largest tornado outbreak in Minnesota history
- UPDATE: Major damage left behind as tornadoes blitz central Iowa
- Floyd County Fair moves forward despite spring tornado damage