CERRO GORDO CO., Iowa- On Tuesday the Cerro Gordo County Auditor’s Office was informed of an issue with the ballot for the vacant auditor position.
According to County Treasurer, Pat Wright, who is acting Auditor after the position was vacated, said four of the six candidates who filled their affidavits did so as an Independent Party candidate. The issue is that only one person can file under a specific party. That means that three of the four candidates will no longer have a party affiliated with their name.
Wright explains that they did catch the error just in time as absentee ballots will be sent out Monday.
“It was really an internal issue,” said Wright. “We want to make this right and be 100% correct beore the ballots hit the public.”
Wright said they will have extra staff working over the weekend. She expects to have the correct ballots printed and at the office by late Thursday.
- Too many Independent candidates on ballot in Cerro Gordo County
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Hospital harasser sentenced in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation announces grants