While we are all waiting patiently for boating season, we can do a few boat maintenance projects that sometimes get neglected.
Getting your boat ready doesn’t always mean working on your outboard. It can mean some simple things that need attention like life jacket condition.
Be sure to check the straps and buckles and that hot sun of the summer can often create tears worn spots.
Check the proper number of PFD’s on your boat so you always have enough for passengers. One thing boaters often miss is having the proper sizes of PFD’s especially for children and larger folks.
The fire extinguisher may read good on the gauge, but how old is it? A new one every few years is a good investment. Check those dock and anchor lines for wear and rot too.
Not all this time on dry land has to be wasted. Try to get ahead of the season and you will have a safer more enjoyable summer boating season!
Owner and master technician
Al Loebig Marine Wesley, Iowa
Alumacraft and Misty Harbor
- Tips before boating season hits high gear
- Boating season ramping up
- NIACC women's hoops gears up for new season
- Two people injured after their car hits boat trailer
- Safe Shoveling Tips
- Tax Day tips
- Safety tips for Halloween
- Byron High School hits 100-percent graduation rate
- Lourdes gearing up for state tournament
- Byron gears up for section playoffs