CANNON FALLS, Minn. – Several Mayo Clinic locations are closed Thursday night’s storms.
Mayo Clinic Health System says its sites in Faribault, Kenyon, and the Southview Support Center in Owatonna have been shut down due to safety concerns and power outages. The Cannon Falls clinic is also closed but the hospital and emergency department remain open.
Locations in Blooming Prairie, Lake City, Owatonna, Red Wing, and Zumbrota are also staying open.
Mayo says “The safety and health of our patients is Mayo Clinic Health System’s top priority. Patients in need of care who are in areas with clinic closures are directed to contact the nearest medical facility. We will continue to monitor the situation and will update as the situation unfolds. Our thoughts are with all those affected by the storms.”
- Thursday's storm forcing Mayo closures in southern Minnesota
- Minnesota residents concerned about Mayo Clinic closures
- Southern Minnesota women live lifelong dream as Mayo Clinic pilots
- Southern Minnesota storm damage could cost $3M
- Storms force evacuation of Minnesota State Fair
- Body found in southern Minnesota
- Mayo Field named best in Minnesota
- Mayo closing more facilities in southwest Minnesota
- Strong storms leave trail of damage in southern Minnesota
- Winter Storm Watch blankets southern Minnesota, part of north Iowa