NORTHWOOD, Iowa – Three women are facing drug charges after the search of a Northwood home on Saturday.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office says deputies searched a home in the 900 block of 3rd Avenue N at around 11:30 am and discovered methamphetamine, marijuana, prescription pills, a handgun, and drug paraphernalia.
As a result:
- Joya Salzkorn, 23 of Hartley, is charged with unlawful possession of prescription pills, possession of marijuana-2nd offense, possession of meth-2nd offense, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Sara Fenske, 27 of Northwood, was arrested for possession of marijuana-2nd offense, possession of meth-2nd offense, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Fenske is a teacher at Northwood-Kensett.
"The Northwood-Kensett Community Schools are aware of the charges and the employee will be placed on administrative leave pending further review," the school district said Sunday in a statement.
- Taylor Pohar, 22 of Milford, was taken into custody for possession of marijuana-3rd or subsequent offense, possession of meth-3rd or subsequent offense, unlawful possession of a firearm, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Three women arrested - 1 a teacher at Northwood-Kensett - after Worth County search
- Construction underway at Northwood-Kensett
- Former Northwood-Kensett teacher sentenced for drug possession
- Top Colonel speaks with Northwood-Kensett students
- Northwood-Kensett superintendent in running for Fort Dodge job
- Red-hot Northwood-Kensett Vikings start the season 3-0
- Highlights: Northwood-Kensett baseball looks for fourth-straight win
- Northwood-Kensett teacher's past drug charge didn't show up in background check
- Kensett man hit by car and killed in Worth County
- Two arrested after Worth County search