MADISON LAKE, Minn. – The Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office says three vehicles broke through the ice Saturday on Madison Lake.
All three happened in the same general area, southwest of Point Pleasant Resort and Campground. The Sheriff’s Office says that was open water within the past week.
A Ford Escape broke through the ice around 11:51 am, a Dodge Dakota fell through around 9:17 pm, and a Chevy pickup trump broke through the ice around 10:13 pm. All three vehicles wound up completely under the water but all occupants were able to escape with no apparent injuries.
The Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office says they’ve contacted local businesses to spread the word about the danger and put additional warning signs in place at the lake.
- Three vehicles fall through the ice on a southern MN lake
- Vehicle goes through ice on Clear Lake
- Watch: Deputy narrowly avoids disaster when tree falls on moving vehicle in southern MN
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- Clear Lake woman rescued after falling through ice
- Southern MN authorities: Man allegedly led authorities on pursuit before stealing vehicle
- More than 3 ounces of meth found in southern MN vehicle