ALBERT LEA, Minn. – One person is hurt after a three-vehicle accident Tuesday afternoon.
The Minnesota State Patrol says it happened around 3:45 pm on the ramp from southbound Interstate 35 to County Road 46 in Albert Lea. Timothy Thomas Schilling, 29 of Glenville, was driving west when Ashely Nicole Brown, 21 of Rochester, came off the ramp in front of him.
The State Patrol says Schilling slammed on his brakes but hit Brown’s vehicle and Schilling was then rear ended by a pickup truck driven by Terry Robert Sippel, 72 of Albert Lea.
Schilling suffered a non-life threatening injury and was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea. The State Patrol says all three drivers were wearing their seat belts.
The Albert Lea Police Department and Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office assisted at the scene.
- Three-vehicle collision in Albert Lea
- Two seriously injured in Albert Lea collision
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Collision north of Albert Lea sends one to the hospital
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Prison for Albert Lea burglar
- Art installation in Albert lea
- Flames destroy Albert Lea garage