Olmsted County – The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said there were three students on a bus involved in a crash Wednesday afternoon.
Authorities say a vehicle driven by 16-year-old Quinn Zipse was driving westbound around 55 miles per hour on 75th St. NW when he lost control because of slippery conditions and struck a Byron school bus head-on.
The bus driver, 61-year-old Kirk Baumbach, said he was driving slowly because of the road conditions.
Three kids, ages 17, 9 and 6, suffered minor injuries and were picked up by parents at the scene.
According to the Byron Superintendent, Baumbach was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Zipse, who hasn’t been charged, suffered minor injuries.
- Three students were on bus crash in Olmsted County
- School bus accident in Olmsted County
- Car hits school bus in Olmsted County
- Two injured in Olmsted County crash
- Arrest after weekend crash in Olmsted County
- Four injured in Olmsted County crash
- Guilty plea in Olmsted County crash
- Two crashes in Olmsted County Saturday morning
- One hurt in Olmsted County crash
- Alcohol suspected in Olmsted County crash