GARNER, Iowa – Three people have been arrested during drug investigations in Hancock County.
Carol Ann Hugo, 50 of Woden, has been charged with a controlled substance violation, five counts of possession of pseudoephedrine, and failure to use a drug tax stamp. Law enforcement describes Hugo as playing a “large role” in creating and distributing meth in Hancock County. She is described as one of several individuals who purchased pseudoephedrine pills in order to make the drug, as well as being the one who recruited others into buying such pills.
Authorities say a search of Hugo’s home on January 31, 2017, discovered multiple pieces of lab equipment.
Criminal complaints were filed against Hugo on June 6 and she was arrested in Ventura on June 9.
Law enforcement says it also learned that a Crystal Lake apartment used by Clark Michael Erdahl, 31 of Lake Mills, and Bradley Keith Rotert, 24 of Mason City, was used as a place to distribute meth and marijuana and where people would meet to use drugs. Authorities say a search of the apartment on October 21, 2017, found meth, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
Erdahl has been charged with gathering where controlled substances are used and two counts of possession of a controlled substance-third or subsequent offense. Rotert is charged with gathering where controlled substances are used, possession of methamphetamine, and possession of marijuana.
Authorities say Erdahl has four previous drug convictions.
Criminal complaints against both men were filed on June 12 and there were arrested in Crystal Lake on Tuesday.
- Three facing drug charges in Hancock County
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges
- Duo charged after Hancock County drug search
- Belmond man facing 3 felony drug charges in Hancock Co.
- Ionia woman facing drug trial in Hancock County
- Hancock County man facing 4 felony sexual abuse charges
- Hancock County man gets probation for drugs
- Guilty plea in Hancock County drug case
- Prison sentence for Hancock County drug hider
- Hancock County drug arrest going to trial