NORTHWOOD, Iowa - Three people were arrested Sunday night in Northwood after initially receiving a report of a scooter nearly striking cars on the roadway that led to another discovery.
Around 8:20 p.m. Sunday, authorities were called to the Villa Woods Apartments #9 for a report of a female operating an unlicensed motorocycle or scooter and nearly striking cars. Upon investigation, it was determined Justin Lee was inside the residence and was known to law enforcement that he had outsanding warrants in Worth, Winnebago, Cerro Gordo and Mitchell Counties. Lee was taken into custody on those warrants, and after a search warrant was granted for the apartment, authorities found brass knuckles, several items of drug paraphenalia, marijuana, scales, plastic baggies, hypothermic needles, and about 2 grams of methamphetamine.
Also arrested were Jamey Anderson and Theresa Book. Anderson and Book were both charged with possession of drug paraphenalia and second offense possession of a controlled substance, while Anderson was also charged with a second offense of possession of a controlled substance for marijuana.
Kathy Abraham lives near where the warrant was executed, and witnessed some of the action after authorities arrived. She says that it caught her by surprise.
"I...assume I guess it's Northwood, there's gonna be issues, but I never seen any cops around here for anything this long."
She also hopes this sort of problem is taken care of, especially with her granddaughter living with her.
"I hope there's not anymore of it that happens. Hope they take care of it, because I want my little one to be raised in a safe environment, and feel safe around. I don't want to worry about things like that going on."
- Three arrested in Northwood after drug bust
- Drug arrests after Northwood traffic stop
- Drug trial scheduled for Northwood woman
- Search warrant in Northwood leads to drug arrest
- $100,000 drug bust in Austin
- Construction underway at Northwood-Kensett
- Third Northwood food pantry opens
- Northwood man to stand trial for drug possession
- Northwood man pleads guilty to Cerro Gordo Co. drug crime
- Former Northwood-Kensett teacher sentenced for drug possession