MASON CITY, Iowa – Three people have been arrested after a fraud investigation in North Iowa.
Jason Shaw, 43, is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on a charge of identity theft. He is being held on $10,000 bond. Dennis Childers, 61, and Julie Childers, 51, were also taken into custody on outstanding warrant from Arizona.
After an investigation by the Mason City Police Department, the North Central Iowa Narcotics Task Force Special Operations Group searched a home in the 400 block of North Georgia Avenue on Thursday. Law enforcement also searched a home in the 400 block of Thompson Street in Sheffield. Documents and vehicles were seized while Shaw was arrested in Mason City and the Gilders were arrested in Sheffield.
According to court documents, Shaw used false identifaction to obtain two loans on Monday that totalled $71,499.
Anyone who believes they may have been victimized or defrauded by Shaw while he was using an alias is asked to contact Mason City police at 641-421-3636.
The police departments in Sheffield, Garner, and Clear Lake assisted with this investigation.
- Three arrested in North Iowa fraud investigation
- North Iowa man sentenced for benefit fraud
- North Iowa woman pleads not guilty to insurance fraud
- Iowa farmer gets prison for bank fraud
- North Iowa woman arrested for arson
- Federal prison for North Iowa meth arrest
- Plea change in North Iowa drug arrest
- Charles City man arrested for Medicaid fraud
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- North Iowa nursing home investigated 19 times in five years