AUSTIN, Minn. – Police are investigating a report of shots fired on Wednesday night.
Officers were called to the 1400 block of 2nd Avenue SW around 11:32 pm and say they found 9 millimeter bullet casings in the street. A vehicle was reportedly seen driving east after the shots were fired and a witness said an individual ran into an apartment complex.
Police entered the complex and say they found two 20-year-olds and one 18-year-old. Austin Police Chief Brian Krueger says a 12-gauge shotgun and marijuana were found in plain view in the living room. The three individuals were arrested and face possible drug and weapons charges.
Their names are not being released because this is an ongoing investigation.
In addition, police say a 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme parked in the 1400 block was damaged by bullets. The car and the shotgun found in the apartment have been seized by authorities.
For Mirabel Martin, who lives two doors down from where the incident took place, it was just a quiet night.
"I was just falling asleep, and I heard four really loud noises, and my husband is like, 'I think those were gunshots,'" Martin says.
But when she peered out her window, she didn't see anything.
"I ran to see if my kids were OK, and they were asleep," Martin adds.
But this sort of event doesn't happen in her neighborhood.
"It's really quiet here, even in the summertime," Martin says.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Mower County Law Enforcement Center at 507-437-9400.
- UPDATE: Neighbors react to shots fired in Austin
- Neighbors react to house fire
- Neighbors react to missing AK-47
- Police investigate shots fired in Austin
- Neighbors react to Rochester fatal stabbings
- Sunday fire in Austin
- Police confirm reports of shots fired in Austin
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- Neighboring business reacts to second arrest made in GameStop robbery
- Neighbors react to 18th Ave NW reconstruction project