THORNTON, Iowa – A Cerro Gordo County man is facing a drug charge after a late night traffic stop.
Richard Dean Thompson, 37 of Thornton, was arrested a little before 1:30 am Tuesday. He was stopped near the intersection of 5th Street N and 130th Street for an equipment violation. A Cerro Gordo County sheriff’s deputy says Thompson was seen throwing something out the driver’s side window.
Authorities say the item was recovered and turned out to be a baggie of suspected methamphetamine.
Thompson has been booked into the county jail on $7,000 bond. He’s charged with possession of meth-3rd or subsequent offense, and driving while barred.
- Thornton man facing meth charge
- Thornton man sentenced for domestic assault
- Man facing drug charges for having meth near child
- UPDATE: Semi blown over on I-35 near Thornton exit
- North Iowa man facing nine drug charges related to distributing meth
- Garner man arrested for meth
- Mason City man charged for selling meth to informant
- Charles City man pleads not guilty to meth charge
- Two arrested on Mason City meth charges
- Man facing five robbery charges in Minneapolis