FOREST CITY, Iowa – A woman is pleading not guilty to beating a child.
Christine Marie Kleveland, 40 of Thompson, is charged with misdemeanor assault. She was arrested June 30 after witnesses said she hit a young girl across the face and called her insulting names. According to court documents, Kleveland admitted to hitting the child.
The girl reportedly said the abuse had been going on for years.
Kleveland’s trial is due to start on September 12 in Winnebago County District Court.
- Thompson woman pleads not guilty to assaulting a child
- Thompson woman sentenced for assaulting a child
- Austin woman pleads guilty to bar assault
- Austin woman pleads not guilty in bar assault
- Stewartville woman pleads not guilty to burglary and assault
- Waterloo woman pleads not guilty to Charles City assault
- Rochester man pleads guilty to assaulting a woman
- Woman pleads not guilty in Clear Lake assaults
- Homeless man pleads guilty to Rochester assault
- Rockwell man pleads guilty to assaults