NORTHWOOD, Iowa- A third food pantry in Northwood is opening its doors to the community this week.
The Worth County Community Food Pantry say they hope to serve around 60-80 people in a five county area. Though there are two other pantries in Northwood, coordinator, Angela Wright, says there is a big needs for a third one in the area.
“Most families of three in our area would qualify as well as those who live in the surrounding rural areas,” she said.
The pantry will be open two days a week as well as by appointment.
- Third Northwood food pantry opens
- Harvest 5k helps stock local food pantries
- Riverland Community College students expanding food pantry
- Construction underway at Northwood-Kensett
- Bernie Sanders coming to Northwood
- Sunday car fire in Northwood
- Students make huge donation to Riverland food pantry
- Northwood woman charged with Burger King theft
- Fire in Northwood causes significant damage
- Building preservation workshop held in Northwood