OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. - "Even during the day, defensive driving, and yeah you didn't have to worry about it as much but still even more so because you have to worry about it more because you didn't have to in the past," says Rick Ray, who is driving through the midwest for work. He says he's always on the look-out for impaired drivers.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety released a report of how many DWI arrests were made during the state's law enforcement agencies' extra DWI enforcement over the holidays. Of the 43 arrests made in Olmsted County during the campaign, more than a fourth of them were during the day.
- Drunk drivers during the day
- Second sentence for repeat drunk driver
- Stewartville drunk driver is sentenced to probation
- Sheriff: Drunk driver involved in 2-vehicle crash in Stewartville
- Police see spike in drunk driving on St. Patrick's Day
- 3 years after girl was killed by drunk driver, organization makes traffic safety a priority
- Experts suggest lowering drunk driving legal limit
- Teacher accused of being drunk at school
- Teacher pleads not guilty to drunk driving
- Hancock County teacher sentenced for drunk driving