ROCHESTER, Minn.-The Food and Drug Administration is taking action to curb smoking among kids by addressing the flavors of cigarettes and electronic cigarettes that might make smoking more appealing.
Today, the FDA announced plans to ban menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars and add new restrictions on the sales of flavored e-cigarettes in retail stores.
The announcement comes the same day as the Great American Smokeout, a nationwide effort encouraging people to stop smoking.
- The Great American Smokeout
- 42nd Annual Great American Smokeout
- Hitting the pavement for a great cause
- Milk Money project off to great campaign
- The Great Cardboard Sled Race is back
- Hawkeye great Kenny Arnold dies at 59
- Summer growing season great for fall pumpkins
- Becoming an American citizen
- Ventura settles "American Sniper" lawsuit
- Impact of Arthritis on Americans