ROCHESTER, Minn.-The historic Castle Community in downtown Rochester is a microcosm of Rochester's growth and change.
It was once a national guard armory, then a senior center. Now, it's a community center that's the shining example of updating the old.
“More and more of a community gathering space which is the goal that we had to take this historic project and give it some modern renovations,” said Naura Anderson.
The Economic Development Association of Minnesota stopped in the med-city to tour the building this week.
Anderson runs an art store inside the historic building. She says this location is all about evolution.
“Updated from an efficiency standpoint as well as aesthetically to feel like a new hip place but still paying a nod to the history of the building,” she said.
The building began renovations last year, costing millions of dollars in upgrades.
- The Castle Community a shining example of evolution of Rochester
- Castle Community has successful opening weekend
- Rochester Shining Stars continue to shine bright
- Mellman's shining moment
- Rochester community address homelessness
- Lourdes Defense Continues to Shine
- Rochester holding community focus groups
- C-Span starts filming in Rochester to shine spotlight on Med City
- Kavanaugh case shines light on sexual assault
- Community coalition for Rochester area Housing announced