ROCHESTER, Minn. - How much do we really know about Thanksgiving?
According to The Harris Poll, Thanksgiving is America's second favorite holiday behind Christmas.
They also found 8 in 10 Americans say Thanksgiving leftovers are more important than the meal itself.
Let's take a deeper look into the meal.
The Calorie Control Council found the average person eats 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving day, 3,000 from the meal and 1,500 snacking throughout the day.
- Thanksgiving in numbers
- Shopping on Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving workout
- Thanksgiving gas prices
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Working on Thanksgiving
- Binge drinking by the numbers
- Thanksgiving plans for local residents
- Thanksgiving fires down this year
- Opioid deaths in Iowa surpassing 2016 numbers