MASON CITY, Iowa - A local student is wasting no time pursuing his dream.
18-year-old Daniel Wilbur has started his own diesel repair shop in Mason City. He's currently taking classes at North Iowa Area Community College and finishing up some home schooling. Wilbur has been awarded $500 through NIACC's entrepreneurial youth program.
“That other people believe in my idea and that a lot of people believe in it even though I’m only 18,” Wilbur said.
Wilbur works on semi-trucks and tractors at his shops. He plans to keep expanding and growing his business.
- Teen rewarded for being an entrepreneur
- John Pappajohn Center hosts first Entrepreneur Gala
- Celebrating female entrepreneurs on International Women's Day
- Honoring entrepreneurs during Rochester's RAVE event
- Iowa Governor speaks at Entrepreneur Center Gala
- Celebrating Global Entrepreneur week by doing what they love
- Mr. Taco recognized as entrepreneur of the month
- Charles City businesswoman named 'Entrepreneur of the Month'
- Minority project in Austin looking to help entrepreneurs
- Charles City businesswoman named Entrepreneur of the Year