ALTOONA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities in central Iowa say a 19-year-old woman has died after being hit by a pickup truck.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports that the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. Friday at an Altoona intersection. The Iowa State Patrol says the truck was northbound and had a green light when it hit the woman.
The woman, whose name has not been released, was taken to a hospital, where she died.
The driver of the truck was not injured.
- Teen hit and killed by pickup truck in central Iowa
- Woman, daughter hit by pickup truck
- 19-year-old woman hit, killed by truck in central Iowa
- Woman hit by pickup truck in rural Olmsted County
- Snowmobiler killed in collision with pickup truck in Minnesota
- Pickup truck rollover in Freeborn County
- Heavy rain hits central and northwest Iowa
- Arrest made in south central Iowa killing
- Authorities: Two hurt when pickup hits dump truck in Mower County
- Pickup driver accused of attempted murder in north central Iowa for trying to ram police car