DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A teenage father is facing charges after his 8-month-old girl died after being hospitalized with serious injuries.
Des Moines Police say the girl was taken to the hospital Friday afternoon with internal injuries and head trauma. She died Saturday evening, and her 17-year-old father was charged with first degree murder and child endangerment.
The Associated Press generally doesn't name juveniles accused of crimes.
The father turned himself in to authorities early Sunday morning and was arrested.
- Teen father charged after 8-month-old Iowa girl dies
- Iowa teen father charged in beating of 5-month-old son
- Sheriff's office says teen worker died in Iowa farm accident
- Teen shoots girl in Maryland school, dies in confrontation
- North Iowa drug charges dropped against California teen
- Northeast Iowa teen pleads not guilty to drug charge
- Former North Iowa teen charged with sexual extortion
- Teens now face murder charges in northeast Iowa
- Sheriff: 1 charged for harboring father whose 2-year-old daughter found in NE Iowa
- Vigil held for missing Iowa teen