ROCHESTER, Minn. – A teenager is facing a charge of motor vehicle theft.
Rochester police say a car was reported stolen around 1:15 am from the 2100 block of 8th Avenue NE. It was left running in the driveway when it was stolen. Officers located the stolen vehicle and there was a brief chase before police called off the pursuit.
The car theft victim also reported seeing a van closely following the stolen car. Police located that van and learned it too had been reported stolen on November 5 from the 3200 block of East River Road. The van had also been left running at the time.
The van was stopped and police say a 16-year-old driver tried to run away, but was eventually captured.
The stolen car was finally found abandoned in a ditch of East River Road.
- Teen arrested for Rochester auto theft
- Second sentence in North Iowa auto thefts
- Man pleads guilty in Plymouth auto theft
- Rochester woman arrested again for mail theft
- Monday morning auto accident in Rochester
- UPDATE: Auto accident at IBM in Rochester
- Teen injured in Mower County auto accident
- Kossuth County teen killed in auto accident
- Lime Springs teen arrested for golf cart theft
- Rochester man gets probation for vehicle theft