MASON CITY, Iowa – Taxes owed by the Southbridge Mall owner continue to grow as payments haven’t been made.
Earlier this month, Mike Kohan gave verbal confirmation to the Cerro Gordo County treasurer’s officer that he would pay a portion of the taxes to keep the property out of a tax sale.
RELATED: Southbridge Mall owner hasn't paid taxes.
The treasurer’s office said Kohan has not made any payments and now owes $233,236. That is up from $218,637 from earlier this month.
On March 7, Kohan told KIMT that he wasn’t paying the taxes because “the mail is failing."
- Money owed by Southbridge Mall owner continues to skyrocket
- Southbridge Mall owner sued for back taxes
- Southbridge Mall owner now owes more than $325K in back taxes
- Tax sales paid on Southbridge Mall
- Ideas to re-purpose Southbridge Mall
- Southbridge Mall owner not paying back taxes because 'mall is failing'
- Most popular ideas to revitalize Southbridge Mall released
- City officials: More than $177K in taxes, interest paid in relation to Southbridge Mall
- Southbridge Mall retail stores still seeing good Black Friday foot traffic
- Back taxes on Southbridge Mall not a burden on River City Renaissance project