Get ready for the Thanksgiving travel crush.
The Transportation Security Administration projects this year will be the busiest Thanksgiving for air travel ever.
The rush is expected to start early on the Friday before Thanksgiving, but the busiest air travel day overall will likely be the Sunday after Thanksgiving, when everyone is returning home.
The TSA expects to screen up to 2.6 million people per day leading up to the holiday, and 2.7 million people the Sunday after.
That would mean a 25 percent increase from the TSA's usual daily numbers.
Some travelers will get a break, though. If you're traveling on Thanksgiving Day or the Friday after, you can expect a pretty light travel day.
- TSA: Thanksgiving air travel to be busiest ever
- It's the busiest shipping week of the year
- Law Enforcement is gearing up for Thanksgiving travel
- AAA predicts most Thanksgiving travelers in 13 years
- No air travel means ground first responders pick up slack
- Thanksgiving in numbers
- Shopping on Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving workout
- Thanksgiving gas prices
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts