DES MOINES, Iowa – Swimming advisories are in effect for three North Iowa beaches.
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says McIntosh Woods Beach and Beed’s Lake Beach both exceeded recommended levels for E. coli and algae toxin levels. Clear Lake State Park Beach has E. coli levels higher than recommended.
That’s based on test results from samples taken Tuesday at all three beaches.
- Swimming warnings in effect for three North Iowa beaches
- Iowa DNR advises at avoid swimming at two North Iowa beaches
- Flash Flood Warning in effect for north Iowa counties
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect in north Iowa
- Flood Warnings and Watches still in effect for north Iowa, southern Minnesota
- No swimming advisory issued for state park beach in Ventura
- Tow ban in effect for many north Iowa counties
- Norovirus warning in Iowa
- Flood Warning in effect for Mower County
- Section 1AA swimming finals