AMES, Iowa (AP) — Ames police are investigating a body found at a golf course.
Police are calling the discovery of the body Monday a suspicious death.
The police department says officers were called at 10:24 a.m. to Coldwater Golf Links after golfers found a golf bag with no one nearby. Officers responded and found a body some distance from the bag.
Police asked people to stay away from the course.
Investigators aren't identifying the body until relatives can be notified.
- Suspicious death at Ames golf course
- Authorities investigate suspicious death of Iowa hunter
- Sheriff: Suspicious Olmsted County death 'could be' homicide
- Suspicious backpack found on Charles City golf course turns out to be meth lab
- 4 charged in 2017 shooting death of Ames man
- Waldorf golf diversifying roster
- MSHSL State Golf Results
- Man recently arrested on Rochester felony drug charges found dead in Maine; death called 'suspicious'
- Suspicious circumstances surround Fillmore County house fire
- Hampton partially evacuated for suspicious item