DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a suspect has surrendered in Des Moines' first homicide of 2018.
Police say officers and medics sent around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday to investigate a reported shooting found the body of a 39-year-old man who'd been shot in the chest.
A few minutes later the suspect contacted police and then surrendered. No charges have been filed.
Police haven't released the name of the victim or the suspect.
- Suspect surrenders in Des Moines 1st homicide of 2018
- Des Moines police say officers shot armed suspect
- 2nd suspect arrested in West Des Moines slaying
- Homeless on the move in Des Moines
- Medical marijuana facility proposed for Des Moines
- Des Moines Register ordered to conceal information
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- Woman sentenced for Des Moines murder
- Six hurt in Des Moines shooting
- Des Moines hospital transplant program announces closure