CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – A stolen vehicle turned up underwater in Cerro Gordo County.
Police say they found an unoccupied vehicle in Clear Lake around 2:50 am Sunday, submerged near the city-owned boat ramp at Main Avenue. An investigation located the owner of the vehicle in Mason City, who said it had been stolen in Clear Lake.
The vehicle has been removed from the lake and a theft investigation is underway. Anyone with information is asked to call 641-357-2186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Clear Lake Police Department was assisted in this matter by the Clear Lake Fire Department, the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office, and the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.
- Authorities ask for public's help after sunken vehicle found in Clear Lake
- Vehicle goes through ice on Clear Lake
- Clear Lake vehicle burglar gets probation
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle collision near Clear Lake
- Bison skull found in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake police: 2 charged in relation to vehicle found in lake
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Authorities respond to house fire in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake police: Multiple theft reports from vehicles over weekend
- Clear Lake Council asks public when to start council meetings