MASON CITY, Iowa – It was another record-breaking snowfall in Mason City.
Mason City received 7.8 inches of snow Sunday, setting a record for April 8 that had stood since 1896.
That day, 5.5 inches of snow fell.
Clear Lake had the most significant snowfall Sunday, finishing with nine inches.
Forest City, Greene and Marble Roch all received seven inches.
It’s the second time in less than three weeks the area has received record-breaking snowfall.
In late March, Mason City received 17.5 inches of snow.
VIDEO: Latest Forecast
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- Sunday produced another record-setting snowfall for some
- After 7.5 inches Wednesday, Mason City shattering April snowfall record
- StormTeam 3: An updated snowfall forecast for Sunday
- Iowa ethanol plants produce record 4.2 billion gallons
- Fall produce options
- Record-setting cold in Minnesota
- Rockwell native sets powerlifting records
- Stores preparing for impending snowfall
- StormTeam 3: Snowfall totals updates
- Record-breaking bowling! Mason City man sets a new record