CLARKS GROVE, Minn. – An investigation is underway into a Sunday house fire in Freeborn County.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to 73950 275 Street in Clarks Grove around 12:17 pm. They arrived to see heavy smoke and flames coming from the roof. The only person in the house, James Hanson, got out safely.
Hanson told authorities he started a fire in the fireplace and shortly noticed a haze just before smoke detectors went off. Hanson says he went outside and saw smoke coming from the roof.
Investigators say it appears the fire started in the chimney near the roof and the State Fire Marshal has been contacted to help determine the cause.
The Clarks Grove Fire Department was assisted by fire departments from Geneva, Manchester, Hartland, and Albert Lea. Gold Cross Ambulance also assisted at the scene.
There are no reports of any injuries connect to this fire.
- Sunday house fire in rural Freeborn County under investigation
- Multiple fires in rural Freeborn County
- UPDATE: House destroyed by fire in rural Freeborn County
- Investigation underway into Freeborn County house fire
- UPDATE: Multiple agencies respond to fire in rural Freeborn County
- Sunday morning house fire in rural Mower county
- Fire in rural Worth County
- Overnight house fire causes significant damage in Freeborn County
- UPDATE: Rural house fire in southern Minnesota
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County