ALBERT LEA, Minn.- In the summertime, we remember to bring bug spray and sunscreen to protect ourselves.
Now doctors warn that there's another type of protection you should never forget: sunglasses.
Dr. Scott Martinson is an optometrist. He sees patients at his office frequently coming in with damage to their eyes from sun exposure. Dr. Martinson tells me that people are protecting their skin from the sun but not their eyes.
“We're a farming community where people are out and in the sun pretty frequently.”
To keep your eyes in the best condition Dr. Martinson said sunglasses with 100% UV protection are your best option. Dr. Martinson suggests getting an eye check up every year.
- Summer eye safety something to think about in summer months
- Food safety at summer fairs
- Summer camp safety questions to ask
- MedExpress gives summer health and safety tips
- Sophia's success this summer
- Wrapping up the summer
- Fighting the summer slide
- Guilty plea in summer burglary
- Fewer teens have summer jobs
- Winnebago County hosting summer fun