AUSTIN, Minn-According to a study conducted by Wallethub Minnesota is ranked as one of the worst states when it comes to early education. Minnesota ranked as 44 on the list. While the state is dragging the Austin School District is doing fairly well. Amy Goette works closely with early learners. She accredits the school districts success with the diverse and specialty program and resources they have that cater to each student. Victoria Medellin has several early learners in her house. This year her kids are moving schools from Rochester to Austin. she says she doesn't agree with the ranking.
"My kids have been able to get into the early head start,” Goette. “ I've noticed they've learned a lot of different things and I think they are going to do well in their new schools.”
Iowa ranked 18 on the list.
- Study ranks Minnesota at the bottom for early learning
- Minnesota prep girls basketball rankings
- Rochester celebrates new early learning school
- Study: Minnesota agencies report few hate crimes
- Minnesota study links gender and speech
- New study discusses growth in Southeast Minnesota
- Early morning fire in rural SE Minnesota
- Minnesota ranked 2nd in country for worst drivers
- Iowa and Minnesota ranked two 'best states in the U.S.'
- YMCA announces new early childhood learning center in Rochester