FOREST CITY, Iowa - In honor of black history month, college students in our area are making an effort to highlight African-Americans and the accomplishments they've made.
Stan Stinzawija is a sophomore from Poland who's attending Waldorf University.
He is studying management, finance and banking and is also a resident assistant.
This month he decided to organize an event for black history month with other RA's to showcase the film "Hidden Figures" which is about a team of female African American mathematicians at NASA who helped John Glenn orbit the earth.
“And that was back in the 1960's so they had to cross a lot of political gender and racial lines in order to be successful in their careers."
The film will be shown at 8 p.m. on February 8th in the Tanner building.
- Students raise awareness for black history month
- Students, bikers raising awareness during Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- CCHS students raising awareness to mental illness
- Southland teen raises PTSD Awareness
- Raising awareness of child abuse
- Raising awareness for organ donation
- Local college students show support for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Children's museum celebrates National Women's History Month
- "C. Difficile Infection Awareness Month" brings light to hospital infections