CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - 500 years ago, a religious movement was sparked by Martin Luther’s actions.
Now students at a local school are recreating the event. Students at Clear Lake Classical are celebrating reformation day which is technically October 31st.
This day marks when Martin Luther hammered 95 theses challenging the Catholic Church to a church door.
“Its special because the day is the day the church was informed and the Catholic Church was made aware they were doing was not correct,” Elisabeth Nicholson said.
- Students celebrating Reformation Day
- Mayo medical students celebrate Match Day
- UMR students celebrate National Coming Out Day
- Austin celebrates Citizenship day
- BDPA Southern Minnesota celebrates minority students
- Elementary students celebrate diversity for Welcome Week
- Veterans Day celebrations in North Iowa
- Community of Mantorville celebrates Stagecoach Days
- Day of the Dead celebration in Rochester
- Celebrating International Day of Persons With Disabilities