CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - 500 years ago, a religious movement was sparked by Martin Luther’s actions.
Now students at a local school are recreating the event. Students at Clear Lake Classical are celebrating reformation day which is technically October 31st.
This day marks when Martin Luther hammered 95 theses challenging the Catholic Church to a church door.
“Its special because the day is the day the church was informed and the Catholic Church was made aware they were doing was not correct,” Elisabeth Nicholson said.
- Students celebrating Reformation Day
- Mayo medical students celebrate Match Day
- UMR students celebrate National Coming Out Day
- Austin celebrates Citizenship day
- Rochester celebrates Arbor Day.
- Celebrating Memorial Day indoors
- Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine students celebrate Match Day
- BDPA Southern Minnesota celebrates minority students
- Elementary students celebrate diversity for Welcome Week
- Iowa Senate Debates Tax Reform Bill