ORONOCO, Minn. – An arson investigation is underway after a fire Thursday night in Olmsted County.
It happened in the 12000 block of 18th Ave. NW at around 9 p.m.
Smoke could be seen billowing from the building for quite some time after the flames were put out.
The Oronoco Fire Department, Pine Island Fire Department and Mayo Clinic Ambulance were on scene.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday a person on scene claims he was burning trees out in the field when the house caught on fire.
Authorities spoke with a 38-year-old male who is the son of the 71-year-old homeowner.
- Arson investigation underway way after structure fire in Olmsted CO.
- Arson investigation underway after stolen car found on fire in Olmsted Co.
- Burglary investigation underway in Olmsted Co.
- Residential burglary investigation underway in Olmsted County
- Crews respond to structure fire in Olmsted County
- Pair of theft investigations underway in Olmsted Co.
- Investigation underway after equipment thefts in Olmsted County
- Austin house fire being investigated for arson
- Arson investigation underway in SE Minnesota after hay bales started on fire
- Investigation underway into Freeborn County house fire