Photo Gallery 3 Images
3:30 pm update: The Storm Prediction Center has expanded the enhanced risk to now include parts of the KIMT viewing area including Olmsted and Dodge County. The slight risk is now for most of the TV market. Damaging winds, hail, and isolated tornadoes all in play!
Warm front approaches the area from the west as the day progresses, which may jump start an isolated storm. Once the sun sets, the dynamics improve with a strong low level jet and a weak shortwave approaching ahead of a cold front. The best chances will be north of the area, however, some stronger storms may leak into the KIMT viewing area after midnight. Since these ingredients are coming together, the SPC has a slight risk north of I-90, and a marginal threat south of I-90. Main threats with storms will be damaging winds, heavy rainfall, and isolated tornadoes. The timing of the front will be Tuesday morning/early afternoon getting rid of any lingering moisture and eliminating chances of storms. Talk about a fall-like pattern after with highs in the 60s and 70s the rest of the week.
Tonight: Chance of storms late
Lows: Upper 60s
Winds: SSE 8-18 mph
Tomorrow: Early storms, then decreasing clouds
Highs: Low 80s
Winds: SW-NW 10-20
Tomorrow Night: Clear and cooler; windy
Lows: Low 50s
Winds: NW 10-20
- Stormteam 3: Timing of severe weather tonight
- StormTeam 3: Tonight's Severe Chances
- StormTeam 3: Severe storms possible into tonight
- StormTeam 3: Severe storms expected tonight
- StormTeam 3: Tracking our severe weather threats
- StormTeam 3: Severe weather possible Monday
- StormTeam 3: Chance for severe weather reduced
- StormTeam 3: Severe weather coming Tuesday Evening
- StormTeam 3: Severe weather possible tonight; Tornado Watch until 10 p.m.
- StormTeam 3: Watch for meteor showers tonight