Folks, don't get your hopes up for a white October. This major fall storm is looking nasty, and it will bring a mix of mild temperatures, rain, wind, and then cold with snowfall.
A powerful cold front will usher in the threat for snow showers for the viewing area from later Friday into Saturday. Best threats for snow showers will be north of I-90; however, we'll keep a risk of flurries and snow showers through most of Iowa.
Highs will plunge from low 70s Wednesday down to 40s by Friday afternoon and the weekend. Get ready for changes!
- StormTeam 3: Who has the best chances for snowfall?
- StormTeam 3: Tonight's Severe Chances
- StormTeam 3: Chance for severe weather reduced
- Stores preparing for impending snowfall
- StormTeam 3: Tracking scattered rain chances for the 4th
- StormTeam 3: Sunny skies Monday, rain chances return Tuesday
- StormTeam 3: Severe weather chances alongside the heat
- StormTeam 3: Temps Steadily Rising and Storm Chances Returning
- StormTeam 3: Clouds increasing and rain chances return
- StormTeam 3: Rain chances return for the weekend