Photo Gallery 3 Images
Start planning for a prolonged heatwave kicking off Friday and lasting well into next week.
Temperatures are expected to drive into the upper 80s and even low to mid-90s
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
ROAD CONDITIONS: Click Here
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
WEATHER APP: iOS | Android by next week. Monday looks to bring the scariest heat indices ranging from 95-100+. Humidity will be on the increase as well with dew points popping into the lower 70s starting this weekend - that's downright tropical!
A very weak cold front without a lot of convergence or cold air will slice through the Upper Midwest Friday evening bringing a marginal chance of severe weather for the overnight and early morning hours of Saturday.
The main risks will be hail, gusty winds and brief heavy downpours. Throughout this heatwave, isolated chances for showers and storms are sprinkled throughout the next work week.
- StormTeam 3: Tracking a heatwave and a possibility for strong storms
- StormTeam 3: Strong storms possible Wednesday, same for the 4th
- StormTeam 3: Severe storms possible into tonight
- Storm Team 3: Strong storms and heavy rain possible overnight
- Storm Team 3: Isolated strong storms Friday
- Storm Team 3: Heatwave could impact the area for a week
- StormTeam 3: Tracking our severe weather threats
- Storm Team 3: Strong to severe storms possible as temps soar into the 80's
- StormTeam 3: Updates from our weather team as it tracks north Iowa, southern Minnesota storms
- StormTeam 3: Tracking storms Tuesday with sunny weather on the way