Photo Gallery 2 Images
Our chance for severe weather has decreased even further coming into the midday. A chance for general, non-severe, storm development is still possible coming into the rest of the day. Otherwise, scattered showers with light to moderate rainfall rates will continue to finish off our Friday.
The chance for severe weather has been reduced to a Marginal Risk.
A lack of daytime heating, just one of the many contributing factors, is lowering the risks.
However, shower and storm chances remain in the forecast. The threat for any of those showers and storms becoming severe has been lowered but is still very much present.
Welcome to summer, my friends! It's still looking to come in with a bang as we continue to track potentially severe weather developing today and into the weekend.
Even now, models are rather spread out on timing and location - for this morning, a lot of the activity will aim south of I-90, encompassing the majority of the state of Iowa.
North Iowa is looking at a chance for showers and thunderstorms as early as 8 am, but the severe threat looks to stay south during this time. Temperatures and cloud cover will play a huge role in our own severe weather set up, especially today. The more sun we see will only help warm things up and increase instability.
The biggest threat has now moved from overnight Friday/early morning Saturday to the daypart and evening hours of Saturday. The moist and unstable air mass we've been talking about through the week will make a move northward into our area and the big question remains: how far north will the associated warm front get? This is exactly why we see a threat for all types of severe weather - including a tornado or two along the warm front. Keep your eyes on the forecast through Saturday, you know we'll be doing the same!
Sunday features less of a chance for severe development but more showers and storms capable of producing heavy rainfall.
- StormTeam 3: Chance for severe weather reduced
- StormTeam 3: Tonight's Severe Chances
- StormTeam 3: Severe weather chances alongside the heat
- StormTeam 3: Tracking our severe weather threats
- Stormteam 3: Timing of severe weather tonight
- StormTeam 3: Severe weather possible Monday
- StormTeam 3: Severe weather coming Tuesday Evening
- StormTeam 3: Another chance for severe weather Monday; summer weather Tuesday
- StormTeam 3: Tracking a severe chance before sunshine returns
- StormTeam3: Everything concerning Saturday's severe weather chance