KASSON, Minn.- On Monday evening, over 50mph winds ripped through the Kasson area.
The strong winds ripped Helen Leqve's old maple tree from her front yard.
"We had some terrible wind storms and I lost my beautiful maple tree, which I could shed a few tears about because he really kept my house cool," she said.
The tree blocked the street outside her home for a short period of time before Kasson PD came to remove it.
Helen says she's thankful the tree didn't fall the other way or else her home would have been crushed.
"It would have been terrible."
- Storm rips woman's tree from her yard, almost crushing her home
- Gophers crush Purdue, 41-10
- Hawks end losing skid, crush Illini 63-0
- UPDATE: Trees down, library flooded, and rainbows out after storm
- Mower SWCD tree program selling trees
- Roof ripped off Britt building sounded like 'trucks colliding'
- Authorities identify woman killed in Mitchell County tree-clearing accident
- Authorities say 22 inmates involved in Iowa prison yard fight
- Man caught in woman's home pleads guilty
- Woman Offers Home for Fire Training