Photo Gallery 3 Images
Thursday kicks off a very active pattern set to literally make a splash.
A passing warm front will jump-start the active weather by helping temps today soar into the lower 80s under partly sunny skies.
An isolated chance for showers and storms through the morning/early afternoon will lead to higher chances for the late afternoon, evening, and overnight hours thanks to a cold front looking to move through the area by the PM.
Not only will this help cool us down for Friday, and the following days, but will begin to fire off potentially severe storms.
Today through Saturday, portions of the area fall under a Slight Risk (2 out of 5) for severe development - the main threats will be large hail and damaging winds.
Rain, heavy at times, will be nearly continuous through the weekend, and over the next 7 days - we're all looking at 3-4" of new rain form this soon to be stalled system.
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
ROAD CONDITIONS: Click Here
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- Storm Team 3: Strong to severe storms possible as temps soar into the 80's
- Storm Team 3: Storms could turn strong to severe Thursday
- Storm Team 3: Isolated strong storms Friday
- Storm Team 3: Chilly temps expected overnight
- Storm Team 3: Strong storms could fire by Thursday
- Storm Team 3: Strong storms and heavy rain possible overnight
- Storm Team 3: Storms this weekend, some severe
- Storm Team 3: Storms fire Tuesday, some severe
- Storm Team 3: Storms possible Saturday, some severe
- Storm Team 3: Severe storms possible this afternoon and evening