GARNER, Iowa – Two Forest City men accused of a rash of storage unit burglaries in Hancock County are pleading guilty.
Christopher Michael Hoeft, 39, is pleading guilty to three counts of 3rd degree burglary and Kristen Nelson, 34, is pleading guilty to two counts of 2nd degree theft and two counts of 3rd degree burglary.
Authorities say the two repeatedly broke into storage units in the 100 block of Industrial Drive in January and stole thousands of dollars in private property.
Hoeft’s sentencing is set for January 8. Nelson’s sentencing date has not been set.
Both were originally charged with over a dozen crimes but those additional charges will be dismissed as part of their plea bargains.
- Storage unit thieves plead guilty in Hancock County
- One not guilty plea in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- Clear Lake storage unit burglars plead guilty
- Second arrest in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- Hancock County storage unit burglars sent to prison
- Accused safe-thieves plead guilty
- Second accused storage unit burglar pleads not guilty
- Hancock County man pleads not guilty
- Hancock County man pleads guilty to kidnapping
- California man pleads guilty in Hancock County