MASON CITY, Iowa – Stealing a pickup truck is sending a North Iowa man to prison.
29-year-old Clay Douglas Kalvig of Mason City pleaded guilty to 2nd degree theft for taking a Chevy Silverado from a home in Plymouth on September 18, 2017. Law enforcement says Kalvig was seen driving the truck at a gas station in Nora Springs and the vehicle was eventually left on rural property in Rockwell.
Kalvig has been sentenced to 15 years with a mandatory minimum of three years. He must also pay $2,862.78 in restitution.
- Stolen truck sentence
- Prison sentence for selling a stolen truck
- Mason City man sentenced for driving a stolen truck
- Not guilty plea in stolen truck case
- Rochester police: Truck valued at $60K stolen
- Mason City teen sentenced for stolen check
- Rochester man sentenced for a stolen vehicle
- Two truck thieves sentenced in Winneshiek County
- Police: Rochester sees truck get stolen while moving snow
- Osage police ask for public's help to locate stolen truck