MASON CITY, Iowa- Looming deadlines are rapidly approaching for the River city Renaissance Project. This week city leaders said they have spoken with the lead developer on the project, Philip Chodur, and are still waiting on financing to come in to place.
Chad Leer, a business owner in downtown said people need to stay positive about the project hoping it will bring more people not only to his bar, but the downtown in general.
“Right now we have our good weeks and we have our mediocre ones,” he said. “If this project goes through hopefully we can get more people downtown to all of the bars.”
Those with the city say the project is on the IEDA board’s agenda for next week.
- Still waiting on financing for RCR project
- Mason City gets financing commitment for downtown project
- UPDATE: Investigation ordered into sex harassment at Iowa Finance Authority
- My Money Monday, April 2 - Teaching kids about finance
- Report details misconduct by former Iowa Finance Authority Director
- Minnesota congresswoman accused of tax, campaign finance violations
- Fillmore County residents wait for an answer
- 324 Project moves forward
- Crop projections down again
- Waiting for the doctor just got a little more fun